Sunday, August 18, 2024

Houses and boxes ....

 .... and whatever we stuff into them will have to come out at some point.



In a book titled "dreaming reality"by Joe Griffin and Ivan Tyrrell I found this great nursery rhyme that may resonate and ring bells on many different levels.

A House is a House for Me by M.A. Hoberman (1982) Puffin Books

A glove is a house for a hand, a hand.

A stocking’s a house for a knee.

A shoe or a boot is a house for a foot

And a house is a house for me!

A box is a house for a teabag.

A teapot is a house for some tea.

If you pour me a cup and I drink it all up,

Then the teahouse will turn into me!

Cartons are houses for crackers.

Castles are houses for kings.

The more I think about houses,

The more things are houses for things.

And if you started in thinking,

I think you will find it is true

That the more that you think about houses for things,

The more things are houses for you.

Barrels are houses for pickles

And bottles are house for jam.

A pot is a spot for potatoes.

A sandwich is home for some ham.

The cookie jar’s home to the cookies.

The breadbin is home to the bread.

My coat is a house for my body.

My hat is a house for my head.

And once you get started in thinking this way,

It seems that whatever you see

Is either a house or it lives in a house,

And a house is a house for me!

A book is a house for a story.

A rose is a house for a smell.

My head is a house for a secret,

A secret I will never tell.

A flower’s at home in a garden.

A donkey’s at home in a stall.

Each creature that’s known has a house of its own

And the earth is a house for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment